This site is built with:
macOS/iOS/iPadOS multi-OS software:
- Acorn: for some image editing on macOS.
- GitHub Desktop: for GitHub stuff on macOS.
- VS Code: for all my macOS coding.
- Sublime Text: an awesome macOS code editor I used to use a lot (but they don’t have an iOS version — boo).
Software I used to use but either rarely use or don't use at all now (but still deserves a mention):
My current hardware:
- Late 2020 MacBook Pro: M1, 16GB RAM, 13 inch.
- LG 24UD58 24" 4K Ultra HD IPS Monitor.
- Third Generation (2019) 12.9 inch iPad Pro 256GB.
- Apple Magic Keyboard, Apple Mouse, Apple Pencil.
- Apple Watch 6.
- Logitech M720 Triathlon wireless mouse.
- Lamicall Tablet Stand.
- Yohann iPad Stand.
- iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- Vindictive HP OfficeJet 6950 Inkjet Printer.
- Billion 4x4 MU-MIMO AC 2400 Dual-Band Wireless VDSL/ADSL2+ Gigabit Modem Router.
- Tenda Nova wi-fi mesh system, which works very well.
Here are some of the sites I like to visit:
- The BBC: it’s where I get most of my news.
- ArsTechnica: a good source of technology and science news.
- BackReaction: an excellent blog by theoretical physicist Sabine Hossenfelder.
- Quanta Magazine: a fantastic way to keep up with latest physics.
- A List Apart: excellent site for anyone interested in CSS.
- Newcastle United: I’m a supporter.
- Pixel Envy: Nick Heer’s blog — love his writing.
- Dave Winer’s Blog: which is varied, interesting and lays claim to being the oldest blog on the internet.
- 9To5Mac: news and features about Apple products.
- MacStories: news and features about Apple products.
- The Sweet Setup: features and how-tos about macOS and iOS apps.
- Bryce Wray's Site: A fountain of knowledge for SSGs and deployment configurations. Great guy too.