This site is built with:
- iA Writer: for most of my writing iA Writer Review.
- MS Code: for most of my coding.
- Working Copy: for GitHub stuff on iOS.
- Affinity Photo: for image editing on macOS and iOS.
- Acorn: for some image editing on macOS.
- GitHub Desktop: for GitHub stuff on macOS.
- Bear Writer: for my notes Bear Writer Review.
- Day One: for journalling (macOS and iOS)
- OmniFocus: for projects and lists (macOS and iOS) OmniFocus Review.
- Agenda: for notes, journals, to-dos and projects Agenda Review.
Other software I use regularly:
- Transmit: to FTP suff on macOS.
- Notability: for handwritten notes with the Apple Pencil (iOS).
- Textastic: for more code editing (mainly on iOS).
Software I used to use but rarely do now (but still deserves a mention):
- CodeKit: used to use it for compiling CSS and SASS/SCSS on macOS.
- Sublime Text: an awesome macOS code editor I used to use a lot (but they don’t have an iOS version — boo).
- Ulysses: used to use it for a lot of my writing Ulysses Review.
- MoneyWiz: used to use it for accounting (macOS and iOS) MoneyWiz Review.
- Coda: for code editing, FTP and a command prompt Coda Review.
My current hardware:
- Late 2020 MacBook Air: M1, 16GB RAM.
- LG 24UD58 24" 4K Ultra HD IPS Monitor.
- Third Generation (2019) 12.9 inch iPad Pro 256GB.
- Apple Smart Keyboard/Case, Apple Magic Keyboard, Apple Mouse, Apple Pencil.
- Apple Watch 6.
- Lamicall Tablet Stand.
- Yohann iPad Stand.
- iPhone 11 Pro Max.
- HP OfficeJet 6950 Inkjet Printer.
- Billion 4x4 MU-MIMO AC 2400 Dual-Band Wireless VDSL/ADSL2+ Gigabit Modem Router.
- Tenda Nova wi-fi mesh system, which works very well.
- Zen Internet is my ISP and jolly good they are too, if a bit expensive Zen Internet review.
- I have a server with Future Hosting, on which this site is hosted.
Here are some of the sites I like to visit:
- The BBC: it’s where I get most of my news.
- ArsTechnica: a good source of technology and science news.
- BackReaction: an excellent blog by theoretical physicist Sabine Hossenfelder.
- Quanta Magazine: a fantastic way to keep up with latest physics.
- A List Apart: excellent site for anyone interested in CSS.
- Newcastle United: I’m a supporter despite the clown who owns the club.
- Pixel Envy: Nick Heer’s blog — love his writing.
- Dave Winer’s Blog: which is varied, interesting and lays claim to being the oldest blog on the internet.
- 9To5Mac: news and features about Apple products.
- MacStories: news and features about Apple products.
- The Sweet Setup: features and how-tos about macOS and iOS apps.
Some sites of friends of mine: