This site is built with:
- GreenHat: my own static blogging software.
- Bear Writer: for all my writing.
- Coda: for code editing, FTP and a command prompt.
- Textastic: for more code editing (mainly on iOS).
- Working Copy: for GitHub stuff on iOS.
- Affinity Photo: for image editing.
Other software I use regularly:
- OmniFocus: for projects and lists (macOS and iOS).
- Transmit: to FTP suff on macOS.
- Acorn: for some image editing on macOS.
- MoneyWiz: for accounting (macOS and iOS).
- Notability: for handwritten notes with the Apple Pencil (iOS).
Software I used to use but rarely do now (but still deserves a mention):
- CodeKit: for compiling CSS and SASS/SCSS on macOS.
- Sublime Text: an awesome macOS code editor I used to use a lot (but they don’t have an iOS version — boo).
My current hardware:
- Early 2013 MacBook Pro: 2.8 GHz i7, 16GB RAM.
- Second Generation (2017) 12.9 inch iPad Pro 256GB.
- Apple Smart Keyboard/Case, Apple Magic Keyboard, Apple Pencil.
- iPhone 6.
- A shitty old Samsung printer and scanner.
- Billion 4x4 MU-MIMO AC 2400 Dual-Band Wireless VDSL/ADSL2+ Gigabit Modem Router.
- Zen Internet is my ISP and jolly good they are too (if a bit expensive).
- I have a server with Future Hosting, on which this site is hosted.
Here are some of the sites I like to visit:
- The BBC: it’s where I get most of my news.
- The Huffington Post: where I get the rest of my news.
- ArsTechnica: a good source of technology and science news.
- BackReaction: an excellent blog by theoretical physicist Sabine Hossenfelder.
- Quanta Magazine: a fantastic way to keep up with latest physics.
- A List Apart: excellent site for anyone interested in CSS.
- Newcastle United: I’m a supporter despite the clown who owns the club.
- Pixel Envy: Nick Heer’s blog - love his writing.
- Dave Winer’s Blog: which is varied, interesting and lays claim to being the oldest blog on the internet.