If you upgrade from EasyApache3 to EasyApache4 and you run CSF (ConfigServer Firewall), the firewall may not run correctly because the Apache log files will have moved on your server.
You’re going to need to make some changes to your CSF configuration because the firewall will not be able to find these newly located logs and CSF will not be able to monitor your system effectively.
As far as I can see, these are the changes you need to make:
- Log in to a shell as root,
- go to the /etc/csf directory,
- edit the csf.conf file and scroll down towards the end. You’re looking for the HTACCESS_LOG and MODSEC_LOG directives. These both need to be changed to point to /var/log/apache2/error_log,
- save the csf.conf file,
- edit the csf.syslogs file and go to the Apache section. Change anything with a directory that begins /var/log/httpd to /var/log/apache2,
- save the csf.syslogs file,
- restart CSF by typing csf -r at the command line.
This should get CSF running correctly again, which is obviously important because it’s your firewall.